Password: versatility Gruppo Mastrotto manufactures bovine leather for the footwear, furniture, clothing, leather goods, automotive, marine and aviation industry. The different raw materials selected and the processes used while tanning enable the Group to offer an extremely varied range, which may meet the requirements of any market sector.
Experts in leather of all grades
Grain It is the top layer of the hide, opposite the flesh side, characterised by the grain, and may be:
- full grain, when no treatment is used to correct or mask the grain (and it is fully aniline finish leather);
- corrected grain, when the layer of the grain is sanded and therefore partially removed. The new surface is built by finishing;
- Nubuck, when the surface has been slightly abraded for a velvety effect.
Split Tanned leather split off from the underneath layer of the hide may be:
- suede split: its surface is similar to velvet;
- pigmented split: it is finished with pigments;
- polyurethane-coated MASPEL® split, coated with a thin polyurethane film and has an entirely water-based finish;
- finished split, with a small amount of pigment and aniline.
Attention to quality in the choice of raw materials and at any manufacturing stage combines with the search for style, materials and colours to give ever modern offerings and of great impact. The constant development pursued by the Style Department enables the Group to anticipate market trends and meet the most diverse customisation needs: touch, softness, shades, manufacturing effects, even the smell, make the leather by Gruppo Mastrotto unique and give life to original, fashionable and, above all, successful collections.